Throughout 2019, for a minimum donation of £10 to The Little Princess Trust, we’re offering 100 HAIRCUTS free of charge to any clients wanting to donate their chopped locks.
The Little Princess Trust provides real hair wigs free of charge to children and young adults up to the age of 24, who have sadly lost their own hair due to cancer treatment and other illnesses.
The Little Princess Trust was launched in 2006 by the parents of Hannah Tarplee, along with help from friends and from Hannah’s school, Hereford Cathedral Junior School. Hannah was the original Little Princess. Sadly she was diagnosed with having a Wilms tumour and after a brave battle, died in 2005.
At that time, finding high quality wigs for children was very difficult and only after a long search was a suitable company eventually found which made a wig for Hannah. She very much enjoyed wearing her wig, particularly on special occasions.
After Hannah passed away, so many kind people offered help, financial and practical. Hannah’s parents, Wendy and Simon decided that the most fitting way to use this help was to launch a charity dedicated to providing specialist real hair children’s wigs. Like so many Little Princesses, Hannah loved her hair and losing it was very traumatic.
The charity has recently extended its mission to include, when funds allow, the provision of financial assistance for research into the causes of childhood cancers and into minimising the effects of chemotherapy in children.
Here at Saks Aberdeen, we have always supported The Little Princess Trust charity, with many clients coming to our salons to have their hair cut for donation to the charity to help make wigs.
Throughout 2019, for a minimum donation of £10 to The Little Princess Trust, we’re offering 100 HAIRCUTS free of charge to any clients wanting to donate their hair to this very worthy charity.*
If you’re thinking of donating your hair, please read the guidelines issued from The Little Princess Trust below. If your hair is suitable and you’d like to book an appointment to have your hair cut, please call our either of our reception teams and simply mention you are looking to donate your hair to The Little Princess Trust Charity:
Union Square – 01224 591300
David Lloyd – 01224 200306
*Subject to appointment availability with stylist and senior stylist levels, until 30.11.19. Before & After photos will be taken by our stylist. Donation to be paid in the salon at your appointment.
Full terms and conditions available from our reception teams on request.
Will My Hair Be OK To Donate? – Please read the below guidelines from The Little Princess Trust. . .
If your ponytail (plaits are acceptable but ponytails are preferable please) measures longer than 12”/30cm, it will most likely be blended with similar hair and made into a lovely, long wig. If you’re having your hair cut with the specific intention of donating it, please hang on and grow the length so that it exceeds 12”/30cm.
If your hair measures between 7-12”/17-30cm, it may be mixed with similar hair and made into a shorter wig possibly, when required. Incredibly around 4”/10cm is lost when a wig is made because of the knotting process.
Hair we are able to use:
- Clean, dry hair in good condition (no split ends) from any gender, and of any natural colour
- Straight, wavy, curly, permed or chemically straightened
- Containing the occasional grey (less than 10%)
- Dyed, bleached/highlighted (any dyes must be of a natural colour)
- Ponytails(s) cut a long time ago, preserved in good condition
Hair we are unable to use:
- Hair that is less than 7”/17cm in length
- Dyed an unnatural colour (blue, green, purple, dyed red)
- Largely/mostly grey hair
- Tightly curled hair (our wig maker is unable to work with tightly curled hair. The Trust buys in these wigs separately)
- Hair extensions
- Wash and dry your hair
- Do not add conditioner or styling products
- Put your dry hair into a ponytail(s)
- Secure at both ends with a hair band, and one half way down for good measure!
- Ask your hairdresser to cut above the band(s) nearest your head
- Now have the rest of your hair styled as you wish
- Put your dry ponytail(s) into a clear resealable plastic bag
Full details of where to send your hair can be found on The Little Princess Trust website – www.littleprincesses.org.uk